Picture the scene….
There you are at a networking meeting and all of a sudden the hostess tells you you’re going to have to record a message on video before you leave the meeting.
What do you do?
Do you spiral into a flat spin? Sweaty armpits, pulpitations, twitchy right eye?
If your answer is yes, don’t worry you’re not alone. Even more good news is that you can change this reaction to an ‘uncomfortable situation’ like this.
By doing the very thing that sent you into the flat spin in the first place.
And that’s exactly what happened this week at the Over Coffee Confidence Meetups around South Africa.
It was a very proud moment.
Seeing each woman voluntarily stand up and face a very real fear – in front of a room of other women. This is a testament to the safety of the space these meetups provide, but also to the qualityof personal integrity of women who attend. They’re willing to step over their immediate discomfort in favour of the long-term benefit.
If you need convincing of the merit of being confident on video, here are some cold hard facts for you to shew on…
Facts About Video in Modern Marketing
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds.
- The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos
- Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- An initial email with a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video
- You’re 53 times more likely show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
- Video Builds Trust
The video revolution – Are you ready for it?
You don’t need to have expensive equipment – low quality doesn’t matter as much to audiences as content.
Your own ego wants it to look good though and your camera confidence grows with your own quality video content and quality video production.Anyone really can do it, if they’re just shown how – that’s what we’re learning in October inside the Cafinnate Academy.
Storytelling is more important than ever.
- What to do:
Use videos to share your brand’s story. Allow viewers to experience your passion and zeal for the market you serve
- Live-streaming videos are all the rave now! Take advantage of Facebook Live and Instagram Stories
- Upload videos directly to Facebook versus sharing videos from YouTube to boost organic reach
- Create videos for each of your products, especially your flagship one. Illustrate how to use it, the benefits, features and specs. The more you educate your audience on its use, the better success they’ll have
- Repurpose popular blog posts into a video series to extend its reach
- Include videos in your email content. Be sure to put the word “Video” in the subject line